The protection of your personal data is important to us.
This privacy statement offers detailed information concerning the protection of your personal data by Brussels Planetarium Poetry Fest (“us”).
As the accountable party for data processing, we are responsible for the processing of your personal data in the context of our activities. The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform you on what personal data we will process, the reasons for the processing and sharing of this data, how long we will store them and in what way you can exercise your rights.
If neccessary, we can provide additional information when you apply for a specific product or service.
The protection of your personal data is important to us.
KEY POINTS IN OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
The protection of your personal data and respect for your privacy is something we value greatly. That is why we want to give you clear and transparent informatie on what personal data we collect and how we handle these. We will do anything in our power to safeguard your privacy. Therefore we will treat your personal data very diligently.
We will allways apply the applicable laws and jurisdictions, amongst which the Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming (AVG in short, also known as “GDPR”).
In light of this we will, always:
- process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which they are provided. These goals and types of personal data are described in our privacy statement.
- restrict the processing of your personal data to the minimum required data for the purpose for which they will be processed;
- Ask your explicit consent when we need this to process your personal data;
- Take fitting technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of your personal data;
- Refrain from forwarding personal data to third parties, unless this is neccessary for the execution of the purpose for which they are provided;
- Keep track of your rights regarding your personal data, so we can point them out to you and respect them.
We are responsible for the processing of your personal data.
If you have questions, either after reading our privacy statement or in a more general sense, or you want to contact us, you can use the following e-mail adress: email@example.com
OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
1. What personal data do we need?
We collect and use your personal data when we need them concerning our activities. The data we collect, will only be used for the purpose for wich we have received them.
We process different categories of personal data, including:
- Identification data (for example: your name, the number of your id-card and/or passport, nationality, place of birth, date of birth, sex, photo, IP-adres);
- Contactdata (for example: postal adress, e-mail adress, phone number);
- Data concerning conduct (regarding your habits and preferences): participation in events and activities, subscriptions to magazines and/or newspapers, use of media and other modes of communication, hobbies, sports;
- Image and sound: portraits, passport photograph, mood photography, audio recordings.
Unless we are legally obligated to do so, or if it should logically follow from products or services we offer (for example: if you’ve provided this data when subscribing as a member or participant in one of our activities), we will never process data concerning your racial or ethnic heritage, political views, philosophical or religious views, membership of unions, genetic data or data concerning your sex life or sexual preferences.
The data we will use are data that you have provided to us directly or that we have aquired through one of the following sources, to verify or add to our datacollection:
- publications/datacollections made available by official organizations (for example: het Belgisch Staatsblad);
- websites/social media pages that contain information that you have made public yourself (for example your website or social media page);
- datacollections that have been made public by third parties;
- Google Analytics
- affiliate organizations that you’ve given permission to share their data with us.
1-2 Collecting personal data from minors
We only proces data from minors (persons under the age of 16) if and only if a parent or legal guardian has given their written permission to do so.
2. Why and on what basis do we use personal data?
Brussels Planetarium Poetry Fest will only process your data for the following goals and on the following legal bases:
- to be able to participate in the activities of Brussels Planetarium Poetry Fest (executing an agreement or its captions);
- sending magazines, newsletters, information on our activities, invitations, on paper as well as in electronic form (permission from subject);
- answering legal obligations (bookkeeping/taxes, personal management, …);
- achieving government funding (legal obligation);
a. To meet our legal and regulatory obligations
We will use your personal data to meet numerous legal and regulatory obligations, including answering an official request by an authorized public or judicial authority (for example bookkeeping personel management).
b. To execute an agreement with you or to take neccessary steps following your request before entering into an agreement.
Your registration as a member of our association, as a volunteer, as a participant for one of our activities, as a subscriber to our magazine or one of our newsletters, or as a person interested in our activities is an agreement. Thereby you’re giving us explicit permission to process data that you’ve given us.
We use these personal data to enter into and execute these agreements, and also to:
- je ons tijdschrift of onze nieuwsbrieven toe te sturen;
- je te informeren over onze werking;
- je uit te nodigen op onze activiteiten en vergaderingen;
- je informatie te verstrekken over onze producten en diensten;
- je te helpen en uw vragen te beantwoorden.
c. Based on legitimate interest
We use your personal data to develop and offer our service, to improve our risk management and to defend our rights, including:
- IT-management, including infrastructe management (for example: shared platforms), business continuïty and IT-security;
- drafting statistics, tests and models for research and develeopment. We will process your personal data carefully, up to the point where they can no longer be attributed to you, so as to create insight into the way we can reach our target audiences.
- Personalizing our offerst through:
- improving the quality of our products or services;
- promoting our products or services that match your target audience.
We will do this by:
- segmenting our members and interested people into target audiences;
- processing your interests based on your usage of our products and services and your participation in our activities.
d. To be able to respect your choices when we’ve asked you permissing for a specified process
In some cases we need to ask you for permission before we can process your data. For example:
- when we need to execute additional transactions for other purposes than stated, we will ask your permission;
- sharing your data with other (affiliated) organizations.
3. With whom do we share your personal data?
We can provide third parties with the data you have given to us, if this is neccessary for the execution of the goals stated above.
We work with third parties on:
- taking care of our internet set-up (webhosting);
- taking care of our IT-infrastructure (o.a. IT hardware, network, …);
- taking care of and delivering magazines, newsletters and invitations;
- executing financial transactions (bank, …);
- bookkeeping, personel management and insurance management.
We never provide personal data to parties that we have no processor agreement with. We have made all neccessary agreements with the parties mentioned above to ensure the safety of your personal data.
Furthermore we will not provide the personal data that you have given us to third parties unless we are legally obligated and allowed to do so.
We can also share your personal data with third parties if you have given us your explicit, written permission to do so. You have the right to revoke that permission at all times.
We do not provide personal data to parties outside of the EU, unless they also apply the AVG-regulation.
4. How long do we store your personal data
We will keep your personal data no longer than neccessary for the purposes for which they have been provided and for as long als we are legally required.
We will store your personal data for as long as is required by applicable laws and regulations, or longer, if needed for operational purposes, for example to facilitate membership management, subscription management, event management and to be able to answer to legal claims or questions from supervisory autorities.
An example of this is the contact information of our members. This will be stored for the duration of the membership and for 10 years after the membership ends. Regarding interested parties, we will store that data for a maximum of 5 years, starting on the day the interested parties indicates they no langer want to receive communications from Brussels Planetarium Poetry Fest. This data will be saved to facilitate internal statistic research.
5. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
In agreement with applicable regulations you have a right to:
- Insight: you can receive information on the processing of your data or a copy of such personal data.
- Rectification: if you think that your personal data is not correct or incomplete, you can ask to adjust the personal data.
- Erasure: you can request the erasure of your personal data
- Limitation: you can request limitations on the processing of your personal data.
- Objection: you can object to the processing of your personal data for reasons connected to your specific interests..
- Revoking your permission: if you’ve given your permission to process your personal data, you have the right to revoke this permission at any time.
- Data transferability: as far as legally applicable, you have the right to acquire the personal data you have provided, as far as the technological possibilities permit, transfer these to a third party.
If you want to exercise one of the rights mentioned, you can contact us through one of the following means:
- through the festival secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
- through the e-form on the website www.deMens.nu
- through an email to privacy@deMens.nu
or you can adress a letter to the following adress:
Data Protection Officer,
Brand Whitlocklaan 87 bus 9
To prevent other people from requesting, adjusting or erasing your data, we will require you to identify yourself in this case, so we can make sure it is you.
In accordance with appropriate regulations, you have – next to the above mentioned rights – the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
6. Safeguarding your data
We’ve taken fitting technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal data are protected against illegal processing. Measures we’ve taken include the following:
- All our systems require a user name and password;
- We make back-ups of personal data to be able to recover them in case of physical or technical incidents;
- We test and evaluate our measures regularly;
- Our employees are well informed on, and aware of, the importance of the protection of personal data.
If you have a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us directly and instantly.
You always have the right to file a complaint with the Data protection authority (formerly known as the Privacy Committee), they are the supervisory authority for data protection.
8. How can you keep track of changes in this privacy statement?
In a world where technological development is rapid and abundant, we will be required to update our privacy statement regularly. We invite you to consult the latest version of our privacy statement online en we will keep you updated on substantive changes through our website and our usual means of communication.
9. How can you contact us?
If you have questions on the usage of your personal data als described in this privacy statement, you can contact our communications officer through email@example.com or directly contact our external officer for data protection through privacy@deMens.nu
alternatively, you can send a letter to
Data Protection Officer
Brand Whitlocklaan 87 bus 9
they will investigate upon your question.